One Day, One Time, One Place
Northeast corner of the Shirk Center Parking Lot - Just drive up, we’ll unload!
Recycle many things at once!
- Electronics (TVs, computers, VCRs, phones, small kitchen appliances, etc.)
- Household Batteries (alkaline, watch batteries, rechargeables)
- Clothing and textiles (usable or not)
- Shoes (usable or not)
- Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (CFLs)
- Plastic Garden Pots
- Bicycles (usable or not)
- Terracycle items (listed below)
- Free residential document shredding courtesy of Confidential Onsite Paper Shredding
Residential Wastes ONLY—no business wastes accepted
NO HAZARDOUS WASTES, CHEMICALS, PAINTS OR LARGE APPLIANCES ACCEPTED
Call the Ecology Action Center for more information: (309) 454-3169
Terracycle items to be collected:
- Inkjet Brigade – any brand of inkjet cartridges
- Personal Care & Beauty Brigade- Any used personal care or beauty product packaging including, but not limited to lipstick cases, shampoo bottles, powder cases, etc. Nail polish bottles, hairspray & deodorant cans are NOT accepted. Plastic deodorant items ARE accepted.
- Colgate Oral Care Brigade- Any brand used toothpaste tubes, toothbrushes & plastic toothbrush packaging, excluding cardboard.
- Toner Cartridge Brigade – Any toner cartridges
- Scotch Tape Brigade – Any brand and any size plastic tape dispenser and core.
- MOM Brands Cereal Bag Brigade – All plastic cereal bags and cereal bag liners of any brand.
- Energy Bar Wrapper Brigade – Any foiled lined energy & granola bar wrapper.
- Cheese Packaging Brigade – Any brand of cheese packaging
- Elmer’s Glue Crew Brigade – Any size Elmer’s brand glue sticks, plastic glue bottles, refill jars & Elmer’s glitter glue tubes.
- Huggies Brand Brigade – Any brand and any size of outer plastic packaging on diaper products.
- Drink Pouch Brigade – Any brand of drink pouch. WE DO NOT ACCEPT JUICE BOXES.
- Lunch Kit Brigade – Any brand & any size lunch kit packaging, excluding cardboard.
- Cell Phone Brigade – Any brand & size of cell phones; phone chargers or loose batteries are accepted.
- Cleaner Packaging Brigade – Pumps, triggers, pouches & flexible cleaner product packaging
- Dairy Tub Brigade – all cream cheese tubs & lids, all sour cream tubs & lids, all cheese tubs & lids, all yogurt tubs & lids, all butter tubs & lids, all margarine tubs & lids, any other dairy product tub, foil tops, plastic tub tops & any other type of packaging on all dairy tubs.
- Paired Shoe Brigade – pairs of women’s, men’s & children’s shoes, which may include athletic sneakers, cleats, flats, high heels, dress shoes, boots & fashion or casual sneakers. NOT ACCEPTED – ski boots, roller skates, roller blades, ice skates, completely broken or ruined footwear, single shoes, rubber flip flops or slippers.
- Flip Flop Brigade - Rubber Flip Flops – any brand and singles too
- Keyboard & Mouse Brigade – Any brand of keyboard & computer mouse.
- Bear Naked Brigade – Bear Naked granola bags, Bear Naked trail mix bags, Bear Naked Granola cookie boxes.
- Hot Cereal Brigade – Better Oats hot cereal pouches, I Love Oats hot cereal pouches, and any other brand of hot cereal pouches.
- Tom’s of Maine Natural Care Brigade - toothpaste tubes, toothpaste caps, toothbrushes, floss containers, mouthwash bottles, mouthwash caps, deodorant containers and caps, plastic soap wrappers. Please note: This Brigade does not accept aerosol deodorant cans.
- Candy Wrapper Brigade accepted waste: individual candy wrappers, large candy bags, and multi-pack candy bags.
- Chip Bag Brigade: chip bags, tortilla chip bags, pretzel bags, pita chip bags, bagel chip bags, soy crisp bags, salty snack bags