One Day, One Time, One Place – 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Northeast corner of the Shirk Center Parking Lot – Just drive up, we’ll unload!
Recycle many things at once!
- Electronics (TVs, computers, VCRs, phones, small kitchen appliances, etc.)
- Household Batteries (alkaline, watch batteries, rechargeables)
- Clothing and textiles (usable or not)
- Shoes (usable or not)
- Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (CFLs)
- Plastic Garden Pots
- Terracycle items (listed below)
- Free residential document shredding courtesy of Confidential Onsite Paper Shredding
Residential Wastes ONLY—no business wastes accepted
NO HAZARDOUS WASTES, CHEMICALS, PAINTS OR LARGE APPLIANCES ACCEPTED
Call the Ecology Action Center for more information: (309) 454-3169
Terracycle items to be collected:
- Inkjet & Toner Cartridge Brigade – any brand of inkjet cartridges and any toner cartridges
- Personal Care & Beauty Brigade- Any used personal care or beauty product packaging including, but not limited to lipstick cases, shampoo bottles, powder cases, etc. Nail polish bottles, hairspray & deodorant cans are NOT accepted. Plastic deodorant items ARE accepted.
- Scotch Tape Brigade – Any brand and any size plastic tape dispenser and core.
- MOM Brands Cereal Bag Brigade – All plastic cereal bags and cereal bag liners of any brand.
- Energy Bar Wrapper Brigade – Any foiled lined energy & granola bar wrapper.
- Cheese Packaging Brigade – Any brand of cheese packaging
- Elmer’s Glue Crew Brigade – Any size Elmer’s brand glue sticks, plastic glue bottles, refill jars & Elmer’s glitter glue tubes.
- Diaper Packaging Brigade – Any brand and any size of outer plastic packaging on diaper products.
- Drink Pouch Brigade – Any brand of drink pouch. WE DO NOT ACCEPT JUICE BOXES.
- Lunch Kit Brigade – Any brand & any size lunch kit packaging, excluding cardboard.
- Cell Phone Brigade – Any brand & size of cell phones; phone chargers or loose batteries are accepted.
- Cleaner Packaging Brigade – Pumps, triggers, pouches & flexible cleaner product packaging
- Dairy Tub Brigade – all cream cheese tubs & lids, all sour cream tubs & lids, all cheese tubs & lids, all yogurt tubs & lids, all butter tubs & lids, all margarine tubs & lids, any other dairy product tub, foil tops, plastic tub tops & any other type of packaging on all dairy tubs.
- Bear Naked Brigade – Bear Naked granola bags, Bear Naked trail mix bags, Bear Naked Granola cookie boxes.
- Hot Cereal Brigade – Better Oats hot cereal pouches, I Love Oats hot cereal pouches, and any other brand of hot cereal pouches.
- Tom’s of Maine Natural Care Brigade – toothpaste tubes, toothpaste caps, toothbrushes, floss containers, mouthwash bottles, mouthwash caps, deodorant containers and caps, plastic soap wrappers. Please note: This Brigade does not accept aerosol deodorant cans.
- Snack Bag Brigade: chip bags, tortilla chip bags, pretzel bags, pita chip bags, bagel chip bags, soy crisp bags, salty snack bags
- Brita® Brigade®: We will accept Brita® pitchers, Brita® bottles, all types of Brita® filters and filter packaging, and Brita® faucet filtration systems.
- The Naked Grape Cork Brigade – natural corks, wine screw caps, synthetic corks, and foil wine cork wrappers
- Cigarette Waste Brigade – extinguished cigarettes, cigarette filters, loose tobacco pouches, outer plastic packaging, inner foil packaging, rolling paper and ash
- Miscellaneous E-waste Brigade – Cameras, digital cameras, camcorders, GPS units, and graphing calculators
- GoGo Squeez Brigade – Healthy snack plastic pouches and caps
- Entenmann’s Little Bites Pouches: Only Entemann’s Little Bites plastic pouches are accepted.